Monday, April 11, 2005

Beautiful Day

Yesterday had to be the single most gorgeous day we've had all year. It was breathtaking. I was with a couple of friends of mine (who are coming up on their one year anniversary soon!) and we had brunch in Canton and then went to Federal Hill and walked around the Harbor. The sun was invigorating and the breeze was absolutely perfect. I wish I had a camera, cuz the view we had from the hill was picture perfect. See, every now and then Baltimore creeps up and wows U.

It was very relaxing and gave me time to contemplate life. I really only came up with more questions than answers, but as to the question of my lovelife, everyone says it comes when you're not looking, when U least expect it. Well, that can't be true, because I always have the expectation, I'm always looking 4 it. The only difference is, once upon a time, I wasn't out there really looking. I was just under the misguided notion it would find me. I believe U have to get out there and get knocked around a bit for it. If U don't get out there, how will it ever find U? I equate it with my music. If I hadn't gotten off my ass 3 years ago and went balls 2 the wall 4 what I want, I would have never received it.

So, here I am, getting truly knocked around a bit, balls 2 the wall, ready 4 my success, ready 4 my love, the only 2 things I've ever wanted. Ok, world peace is out of my control, ok?

Sometimes, I think I should try my luck again with "the boy". We are, after everything, surprisingly still friends. And he's the closest I've ever come 2 finding love. But I know I can't go down that road with him right now. He's just not ready. When he is ready, he has 2 come 2 me. I just wonder if it will be too late. Will I have already moved on?

I know I will move on. Looking at my friends walking in front of me, holding hands, laughing and loving one another so effortlessly, well, it just inspired hope. I know it exists and I will find it.

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away!" - U2, Beautiful Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home